Day 2 Bordeaux
Today started rough, I had a headache so I slept in and Corey went and had breakfast
after I gained the strength to get up we had to make our way back to the train station to book our next tickets- Montpeiller France then on To Barcelona, Spain,these trains you had to make a reservation for so that means pay extra on top of the passes - Boo!!
Oh well after that business was done we wondered around and discovered that for the next 3 days it is a city wide market, I;m talking at least a 100 city blocks of stalls and sidewalk sales selling clothes ,food, shoes and various other randomness.
We pushed through the crowds for a while then tired of that so we went to the laundrymat ( more business) and were annoyed that laundry-mat here means 4 machines and 2 dryers and 7 people trying t o do laundry, oh well we got it done. After that we rushed with laundry and all over to St.Seruin church to catch a organ concert on a huge old organ. While Corey was just loving every second I did some research for Barcelona, it was fine and Corey even let us leave early ( ah the give and takes in relationships). We dined on guess what for supper??????? A baguette and goat cheese, french cheese??? and croissants, jelly and chips. The longer you are in France the more you just need to eat at least one baguette a day, although we aren't as bad a the french locals that walk down the street eating a whole plain baguette, no wonder people are skinny here:) Tomorrow we will hopefully check out the Grand Theatre and the art museum and probably eat a baguette.Well like I said we are off to Montpeiller on Saturday then off to Barcelona on Monday, so until then stay cool in Sask and stay dry in BC. oh and we had no rain today, a first in a quite a few days !!!
Futuroscope
vineyards seen from the train on the way to Bordeaux
by our hotel in Bordeaux this was taken at about 9;00 all the people are sitting a resturaunts around the streets starting to eat supper
street market ( part of it) in Bordeaux
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Progress Map
We will update this as we go! We just put in a few destinations to get the map started.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(35)
-
▼
July
(20)
- Figueres 9pm looking out from our balcony
- Our time in Barcelona has come to a end, it was ve...
- The real truth!
- Barcelona, Tuesday July 26
- Monday July 25
- Montpellier
- Here is a little trio of images that I like to cal...
- Thursday July 21
- Bordeaux
- write your name if you comment on a post so we kno...
- Last nights supper in Saintes
- Tuesday July19
- Here is a video that we shot while in France this ...
- Friday July 15
- A few pictures
- thursday july 14
- Wednesday July 13,
- Blois,France day 1
- Waiting in Montreal... Cristelle found a good spot!
- We leave Monday!!!!!
-
▼
July
(20)
About Us
- earwash
- We're taking the plunge into infinity and away from frantic oblivion.
Sounds like things are getting better I am glad to hear you had a break from the rain. It has cooled off here too. The market looks too crazy for me after an hour I would be fit to be tied. Too bad it would be nice to be able to look at all of the different vendors. Are the baquettes white bread, if they are so much for North America's white bread phobia and the people are skinny to boot, go figure. Anyway I love fresh bread and I am jealous that you guys are getting the original French baquette. Have fun and keep the narrative coming, I look forward to reading it. Turbo
ReplyDeleteWow.....so many baquettes to eat...so little time!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys are keeping a busy pace with all your travels!
Make sure you have some R and R periods....to keep those headaches at bay Cristelle!!
Keep the pics coming.....I can only wish!!!
Auntie Michele